ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man! What ALOT of little bullshyat stuff to do. I am about 1 week from starting it. I am taking my time, might as well not hurry it. I need it done, and tuned by the 25th. Gateway Z is having their 4 annual Z show. I intend on being there, and hopefully bringing home the best Z31, and Most modified Awards!!!!
Here are some more PICS...

Here is the Fast idle, and Brake vaccumn. All the brackets for the throttle cable were made from aluminum, and a cut up and shaped Pathfinder throttlebody bracket!! All painted and nice.

This is what I made for the Motor Mounts! Look directly over to the left, on the Oil Pan. That is where the Oil Return Bung was welded on and painted. I just cut off the old return, and welded a flat cover over it.

Ever wondered where the Fuel Regulator was going, Me to... It ended up here. ( I cant wait to Beef the Fuel System)

Vaccum line for F.Pump, and the BOV that is up front..
PVC right were the Factory had it!!

From behind, all thats left is Climate control.

Installing turbo, and related componants tommorow Zya

Post Edited (Sep 13, 12:34am)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very nice:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
it looks good, any i dont know what they judge on, but its an obvious rush job if you are trying to compete with the big boys.

more modified meaning more cutom made stuff? sure, you have a good shot. more modified meaning more go-fast parts that all come together real cleanly, bleh.

i love it, someone doing something different, but i wouldnt plan on winning any awards due the the fact that its a work in progress, and actually a working car. spend a couple days griunding and polishing all your aluminum fab, and then it might get votes

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love the simplicity of the intake.
Seeing installed with the lines etc it makes you realize how 'messy' the original one is. Cleans up the bay real nice.
I remember taking my stocker off to do my injector seals & it seemed like there were 100 odd things to take off & reinstall.
It seems pointless to keep the Nissan one when using a standalone.
Gets me thinking...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Clown Wrote:
I love it, someone doing something different, but i wouldnt plan on winning any awards due the the fact that its a work in progress, and actually a working car. spend a couple days griunding and polishing all your aluminum fab, and then it might get votes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You dont know ANYTHING about welding Aluminum do you? You cant grind aluminum welds clean and flat like steel. I dont think you have seen the rest of my car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clown wrote also:
any I dont know what they judge on, but its an obvious rush job if you are trying to compete with the big boys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this certainly is not a rush job, and there is nobody in this country with a Z31 like mine. If you are refering to the Newer cars with "Store bought" parts, yes.. they look more "clean" but.. I didnt build it to be a "pretty trailer queen" Im glad a person with NO appreciation of hard work, isnt judging the the show.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly:

more modified meaning more cutom made stuff? sure, you have a good shot. more modified meaning more go-fast parts that all come together real cleanly, bleh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry but how much cleaner do you want a custom, hand built, 18 year old car?? Im sorry, but how could this go together any cleaner? Go fast parts..... Ya im lacking on those!!

Where did this fool come from? he has posted 4 times, Go away.

Post Edited (Sep 13, 8:29am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just ignore him dude,
He's gotta be one of those plebs from last week trying to drum up some more beef.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Honestly, dunno what clown is talking about. Looks fine and most certaintly is NOT a rush job.

However I was just noticing how shiny your turbo and intake are and comparing it to the color to your pipes. Before a show I'd atleast try to get them the same color. To be honest I LOVE the way the pipes look compared to the the spick and span shiny turbo/intake. I think the pipes add an 'aged' look and looks **** good with your black motor. Black accents if you will. Anyway, just something to think about, because I know there are ways to make metal look aged. I've done it before. While I like it, you may not share that oppinion :p, and also, what would the judges like? They might go for the shiny look better. Consider it.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
"Ya! really. This guy would'nt know a nice car if it ran over him."

hahahah thats funny. good job hybrid. let us know how you make out at the contest.

if my SS with a cracked front lip can win a Best In Class Trophy, then so can you. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bet u he's just jealous of your accomplishments and doesnt know **** about working with cars as he implied "spend a couple days grinding and polishing all your aluminum fab" U CANT DO THAT!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Doh!
The document you seek isn't here. It may appear in the future since time is relative. Or then again it might not. It was likely removed because it sucked, so you're really not missing out on anything.

Thanks you for your support.
=================

ROFLMAO! thats the clowns site on z31.com... hehe.

just seems to be a total troll.. but personally, i love the work youve done to your Z! it looks so easy to work on now.. plus its just MEAN!

good luck with the show!

·
Registered
559 Posts
my guess is hes talking about the welds on the intake plenum...dont look terrible to me though lol...anyways...yes its totally lacking go fast parts, slowest POS i ever did see...now try to run him clownsrus..your name fits perfect you tool

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I havent had anytime to do it. I'll get there.

I have called around though, and St Louis is pretty shaddy for this type of service. I am having a hard time finding someone with a flow bench. There was one place here that closed for buisness a few years ago. They used to flow bench.

Post Edited (Sep 13, 12:11pm)

·
Registered
548 Posts
You have a lot of blood and sweat in that engine. It looks down right MEAN!! What got you started on such a huge project? Engine looks like it belongs in a Limerock SCCA car. Wish you luck with the car show.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.