ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we are getting more traffic here including nonsense from A$$holes like Z-iggy, why not post everyone's IP and/or hostname with the message, that way we can tell if it's a regular being a weenie (and thereby keep em honest) or if it's a schmuck, those of us with fast connections will have a wonderful target to vent our frustrations upon (ahem ICMP flood ahem) Just an idea. But it would help with all the riff-raff having a heyday at legitimate people's expense

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Good Idea Zebra!!! I Like It! n/c

doesn't have to be static, but at least this way you get a feel for who is on what ISP and it's easy to tell if a bozo is on a flaming run.

G

·
I'm working on a user authentication system that would allow everyone to read messages on the forums. The only people that would be able to post are those that have registered and have a valid email address. This way people will feel far more acountable for what they say. If anyone spams the group, you'll have plenty of ways to let them (and their ISP) know what you think.

Look for this to debut sometime next month. Meanwhile, I'm working on the classifieds. =)

--
Derek Spencer
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
ZEBRA IS GOD! ALL HAIL ZEBRA!

Great idea!!! Although I, too, am usually longwinded, and eat up my share of bandwidth. :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me a god? Instead of chatrooms/icq how bout IRC?

nah I just IRC alot and we have ways of taking care of similar problems except it's in realtime instead of postings. Why not just download an irc client such as mIRC (it's free and very versatile) and we'll start a Z car channel or something. I usually have my computer on IRC 24/7 idling so I can create a channel on Undernet (one of the many IRC networks but it's the one I frequent) that will remain populated so if you go there look for say #datsun or #zcar I'll make both rooms and keep whichever one becomes more popular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.