ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, not sure if you got my last e-mail, but I saw that you had a couple questions in your other post.

They are plug and play, for the original stock housing. No modification required. It's really just like installing another headlight bulb, there are just two things to plug in. The HID bulb to the ballast, and the stock z connector to the ballast. Then the HID bulb plugs right into your stock housing, since it is a 9006 socket type. Oh, and there's an extra harness in the kit, that is not required to use on our cars.

The kit also has a 1 year warranty (they will send replacement peices for anything broken, I don't believe you even have to send in the broken part as an exchange)

Here's what is involved:
1. Plug stock z connector into the ballast
2. connect 2 wires coming out of the ballast, to the two coming out of the bulb.
3. Plug the bulb into the headlight housing. You're done!

Here's a crappy MS paint diagram I made, but it pretty much covers it.

I believe 7 or 8 members on here have the kit (that's where those pictures I sent you came from). They can chime in that it works out great.

Post Edited (Jan 12, 10:04pm)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i did it different. Oops.

I used the extra wiring harness to plug into everything. No wonder there is a slight lighting hesitation when I turn on the headlights.

BTW, the instructions that came with the kit I got were crap, no diagram or anything.

Post Edited (Jan 13, 8:50am)

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, the instructions that are given are worthless (and aren't for a 9006 type).

Hitman, the lights are supposed to do that when you turn them on. HID's are similar to flourescent lights, in that they have to power up. So, they should flicker on, and power up to full brightness in a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
thanks SJ. I thought I had to redo the wiring schematics but will leave it. Currently, the ballasts are hidden and out of the way and so is the wiring. But one **** of a lighting improvement, almost feel like its illegal its so freaken bright.

·
Registered
262 Posts
SJ is selling them for $315 a set Tak.

I'll be buying one if there's still one left when i get the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.