ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at catalog information for the center force clutches and noticed the input shaft differences for the 2+2 and the coupe seem to be different. I was unaware of input shaft differeces between the 2+2 and the coupe transmisions. I am not sure exactly what the catalog was refering to, but I thought the 2+2 flywheel and clutch set would be a straight forward swap. I still think it is. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>I'll Look Tonight.....</b>

Hi Rod,

I'm unaware of any difference but can take a look tonight. I'll let ya know after I get home form the office.

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: SAME SAME

The input shafts are the same, obviously you would need the bigger flywheel if you use the bigger clutch...but it's a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: SAME SAME

That's what I thought. I couldn't imagine the transmision input shafts being different. Well, I guess I could, but not in a mass produced product. Furthermore, I just called the local Autozone they listed both clutch sets, the 83zxt and an 81 2+2, as the same assembly. The prices quoted were quite resonable, less than $100 for the whole set up, disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot. I don't think I would enjoy maitaining a Porsche. Heck, I'm not even sure I can spell it correctly.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
RE: Dennis: 2+2 Clutch Swap FYI:::

I have already have changed my '77 280 "zapp" Z to a 2+2 clutch assy. You will need to get a flywheel from a 2+2 reg equip Z....the bolt pattern on the 2+2 is different from original coupe xmsn/clutch setup. I replaced everything to 2+2, T/O bearing, clutch, pressure plate,and a five speed tranny. Very pleased with results.....just FYI....

Dave
ZCSD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.