Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
with my 79' 280ZX, when starting car from cold or when temp is close to complete engine cold. the car will warm up to the 2nd notch on the water temp indicator. and then die, (as if you turned the key to off) that way. always around the same temp zone, what does this sound like? when it does run up to that temp, it runs rough and exhaust smells rich and will blow light blue smoke under a little rev (like up to 2500rpm). and will die. straigh after it stops, tried cranking and check for spark arcing and there is sufficient energy to spark plugs but will not fire up. will crank and hit and miss engage a little but wont fire up completly.
any help appreciated.
Carl.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. It may be a fuel delivery problem. I had the same problem with a 79ZX. It turned out to be oxidized gas in the tank that turned into hard chunks which fractured into particals that plugged the fuel pick up screen. I would first get a fuel pressure reading past the fuel filter, if it is below 40PSI? then work your way back to the tank. To quick check the tank pull the interior inspection cover and the fuel sending unit, it has the pickup screen on it. If it is full of rusty looking sludg you have found your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.