ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its not completly dead, but im in a hurry and needed an attention getter.. shes just sick

my car is running extremely rich, and has been for awhile.. im getting the leaking injector code and thats it. well this morning i fired her up to go to work.. and she idled very poorly..i gave her some gas after she warmed up and she sputtered bad... she is smoking black fuel smoke horribly even under boost.... i pulled a vacuum line off to compensate for some of the fuel and she ran a little better. all this makes perfect since to me.. EXCEPT.. im only pulling 10inches of vacuum at idle? what the ****... ive cleaned the fuel fouled plugs and checked for any sign of anything.. ive run ecu codes multiple times and nothing but injector leakage.. i understand that i need new injectors, but i dont understand the vacuum loss? where is the cheapest place i can get injectors.. i was hoping i could save up and upgrade, but now my ride to work is down for the count.. so i need cheap and fast.. help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im about to order venom injectors from summitracing for like 360 bucks.. anyone know of a better price?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
could the extra fuel be coming from a bad fpr and being drawn into the plenum by the vacuum connector at the fpr?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fpr is good as well as vacuum to the regulator.. thanks for the reply though. i have a fuel pressure gauge and i watch it closely.. fuel pressure is good.. i tested the injectors and they didnt leak and they shot a nice fan spray... confusing..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah.. its code 45.. thanks

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Het pavementpounder, I hate to hear somebodys baby is sick. I have a set of BARLEY used turbo injectors. They are from an 88, and are side feed still on the rails. If you want them you may have them for $45 plus shipping. These were removed when I upgraded to the nismo injectors. I hope these will get your baby running right.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are they stock cc? im interested~

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im not sure why i put that.. its a little harsh but i needed some fast advice as i was going out with the gal later that night.... so i decided it was a good attention getter.. im replacing the injectors but i tested them and they are in good shape.. come to find out i have an ignition problem.. i went from little spark to zero spark.. rather embarrasing as im on my way to ase certification in engine performance. i feel different workin on other peoples cars, but when my shiro gets sick, its like a hit below the belt.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.