ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my 89 ZX 300 with a little problem ...idle seemed low...would die anytime I was not accellerating...sometimes it seemed it would stall with any change in the electrical system ie: Brake lights applied, initiating the heater ..it got to the point where I knew when it would cut out..took it to the shop and the mechanic just tweaked the idler up..but it still would demonstrate a need to die...the idle would all of a sudden quit, then catch again.

My intuition says theres a computer chip in my way.

Last friday, my headlights wouldn't tuck...I parked it and discovered that even wityh the switches off, the headlights off, the assemblies stayed up!
I left it and came back from work to find the battery drained. I tried to jump it...it would fire right up then die as soon as the cables got released and the stored energy was depleted...a problem with the charging system...I looked around and pulled the relays near the battery...the last relay had some kind of fluid inside....but the others were okay...I replaced everything and tried to start the car only to find the same problem, only now all my dash instrument lights are dead.

Is there a fuse I've overlooked?

Help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.