ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed from SU's to the triples? and if so give me some feedback on the results. I'm running a stock 280 block with flat tops, crane cam, springs, and header. I'm unhappy with my lower end power, so I snagged a set of 42mm DCOE's...in the rebuilding process. I also have a New Set of 40 DCOES at work, but I'm not ready to get off the $1200. Second question...anyone have any good stories about changing to an aftermarket Ignition box? I have a new, stock distributor, and transistor set up in my 77. I've done the GM module thing in my 240, and it worked great...but that was changing form points. i have access to the Crane Import Power units (pretty much an MSD) .but I want more feedback before I buy it. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
email Graham, do a search for his post in the last couple of weeks. He has almost the same setup as you, He has been having a lot of problems getting his webbers to mate with his 280 motor. They worked great on his 240 for 20years, but the 280 setup has a whole new set of characteristics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.