ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280zx
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thank you for allowing us on your forum.

We have had our 280zx acid dipped and it has revealed it’s horrors where the corrosion has won over time.

We are based in the UK and are looking to source any body panels/ repair sections that maybe available either from the UK or outside of the UK. There will be interior and mechanical items required at a later date too.

We would be most grateful of any advise or leads that anyone could provide.

Many thanks in advance for your time and we look forward to any advise given 😁

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I'm not sure what you got over there in the UK as far as parts, but the best thing here really is the online sources. I know that blackdragonauto.com had a nice selection of new body parts and panels and other items, but unfortunately they stopped the Z product line a few years back :( that would have been a great resource for you. so now, unless you can get over the US and start looking in junk yards, your best bet is -

www.theZstore.com
www.nissanpartsdeal.com
zcarsource of arizona and the z car depot.
you can still source parts directly from Japan, but they always seem to be expensive.

a final note, there are quite a few project 280zx cars over here in UAE (Dubai) and the ones I have seen have been just waiting for someone to take and do something with. I have been temped myself to grab one while I'm here. You may be able to get one shipped up to you and possible can it for the parts you need. just an option.

btw, do you happen to know of anyone in UK that is selling or wants to sell an old skyline? 1978-1980 C210 (240K) coupe? I've seen a few that went up that way.

I know this aint much help to your project. But maybe its a start.

Cheers

Bon

·
Registered
280zx
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what you got over there in the UK as far as parts, but the best thing here really is the online sources. I know that blackdragonauto.com had a nice selection of new body parts and panels and other items, but unfortunately they stopped the Z product line a few years back :( that would have been a great resource for you. so now, unless you can get over the US and start looking in junk yards, your best bet is -

www.theZstore.com
www.nissanpartsdeal.com
zcarsource of arizona and the z car depot.
you can still source parts directly from Japan, but they always seem to be expensive.

a final note, there are quite a few project 280zx cars over here in UAE (Dubai) and the ones I have seen have been just waiting for someone to take and do something with. I have been temped myself to grab one while I'm here. You may be able to get one shipped up to you and possible can it for the parts you need. just an option.

btw, do you happen to know of anyone in UK that is selling or wants to sell an old skyline? 1978-1980 C210 (240K) coupe? I've seen a few that went up that way.

I know this aint much help to your project. But maybe its a start.

Cheers

Bon
Hi Bon,

Many thanks for your response, we appreciate you takin time to do so !

A couple of very useful links indeed. It would appear that getting hold of body panels is going to prove very difficult. You mentioned buying from japan, are you aware of any in roads there so to speak for body panels or maybe a start point ?

We are currently making enquiries on a possible donor car. The cars in Dubai certainly have every chance of being in a better state than the one we have.

We have unfortunately not been able to return the compliment by having any leads on an old skyline but if we do hear anything we will let you know.

Many thanks again, Colin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts