ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody have pity on this novice. Recently my 82 280ZX simultanteously started: various dash lights came on (fuel,door, key, etc.) the indicator light in the voltmeter came on, the tail lights stopped working, the right headlight is dim, sometimes all of these lights flash when turn signal is on, sometimes when all is normal stepping on brake makes all these lights come on. I suspect turn/light multi function switch. Strangely enough, the brake lights work fine always. Sometimes the dash board illumination works, sometimes not. Side marker lights sometimes work, sometimes not.
Help. Byrdman, Dallas
p.s. It flunked inspection & I can't drive at night. Bummer!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 280z had a similar problem. With mine it was the turn switch multiswitch. If my interior lights did not come on inside when the switch was turn all the way over for full headlights, my tail ights would not come on. I opened up the swithch, cleaned it out, found a smal short, and seperated the suspect part. Also look at your fuses. make sure they are not burned out. With a little luck this will help. Somebody else on here had a similar problem and took a meter to the fuses and traced it down.
Dodie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.