ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just purchaced my second '83 280zx. This one has the same cracked dash everyone has experienced. I am looking to convert the interior console, dash and steering wheel, etc. from brown to black. Now what I need to know is: Does anyone know of a company that either still sells black dashboards(NOT DASH CAPS!!!), consoles, and glove boxes, or can repair the cracks in my current dash and dye it black?
Also need to know if anyone has a red dash and console in good condition (or knows of a company that can fix the damage done by the gobs of glue), since someone thought it would be useful to put a dash cap on the dashboard of my first Z instead of maintaining it and repairing it before i got a hold of it, leaving me with no option of refurbishing the dash.
Like i said i would like to be able to buy the whole thing new, but if it will save some serious cash and it can be done at all dyeing and repairing will work just fine. Just let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Had my '71 dash done there. Came back better than new and still looks great 6yrs. later.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
http://dashrestorations.com/ They are located in Australia. With the exchange rate in our favor, and even with the cost of the air freight, you come out ahead. If you live near a major airport you can have a airline freight company ship it to a airport near them, they fix the dash and ship it back to your airport. Keep in mind, get quotes from a few airlines and it may cost more on the return. Dash Restorations has a broker on the west coast that can handle the air transportation for you if you wish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.