ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '73 240Z is coming along nicely, although there are times when I would just as soon roll it off a cliff. The lights in the dash, namely the speedo, tach, oil, amp and clock (yes I know some are duals but those are the main solts taken) are getting rather dim, some have gone out altogether. I'd like to replace them all together.

Does anyone know the best method and proceedure for this? Any tips? Does anyone know which lights (part no) I would use? Is white my only choice?

· Registered
1,078 Posts
First things first is too make sure that the dimmer switch is all the way round, sure you checked it already but I't took me a while to notice I had one.

The centre gauges can be accessed by removing the glovebox cardboard and doing a little feeling around until you feel the back end of a bulb attachment.

To make things a little easier you can remove the centre console heater control plate, should let you get to the end gauges.

I havent tried doing the main gauges so I can't help you out there.

As for what color bulb you use, its a filter that gives the color. You can remove the filter and you can use whatever color bulb you like. Your gauges will also look brighter.

· Registered
5,596 Posts
u can replace with 4 watt bulbs and painting the inside white to get more light... do a search and you will find a long how to post on it from a couple of months ago... The bulbs themself start to turn dark compare an old one to a new one and you'll see what I mean...

Z U V 8ter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.