ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fellow Z fans. I have an '85 300ZX turbo....well it's not turbo anymore...it was missing when I bought it. Anywho, suddenly my digital dash gauges (speedometer, tach, fuel, etc.) are not coming on. I've checked the fuses and wires underneath the dash, to no avail. Any ideas? Also, my clutch/tranny has a habit of getting really flaky lately. It constantly grinds into reverse, and sometimes into second. The biggest problem is that the clutch pedal will go all the way down to the floor and then it gets really hard (or impossible) to shift. I can stop the car and sit there for a while and it will be fine again, but it gets really annoying! I know very little about working on anything except an old Chevy V8, so these foreign jobs are a real mystery to me. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing....what do I need to do to check codes on this car???

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
um....you really shouldn't run a turbo car w/o the turbo. How does that even work?

The clutch problem sounds like a bad master/slave clutch cylinder. Replace those and bleed your lines, should fix your problems.

·
Registered
657 Posts
before you replace anything....... try this........... when you cant get it to go into gear, give the clutch 2-3 quick pumps and see if she goes in then....... if it does then your looking at a new slave or master cylinder.( do you notice any loos of fluid???).. if not then you need a new clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.