ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of sources for new or used dash boards in good condition? I don't want a dash cover. I saw someone mention re-covering a dash in leather like the new 240Z's ... has anyone done this?

I saw an ad once from some who had removed and stored a bunch of dash boards from older Z's and was selling them on the Internet ... he would only sell them to people who picked up the dash boards in person due to potential for damage in shipping.

Finally, is there anyone rebuilding and re-covering dashes out there?

Fred

·
Registered
743 Posts
Motorsports Auto sells new dashes...they aren't cheep, probably between $800-$1000 for just the dash....You might try All East Z. They sell used parts and might be able to help you out. Good Luck.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Dash Board for 280Z - Sources?</b>

I think your BEST bet would be to give your friendly neighborhood Nissan dealer a call before you do anything else. I recently bought a brand new one from them for my 83zx for less than $300.00
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: Dash Board for 280Z - Sources?</b>

Gary's right. A few years ago when I was looking around for a replacement dash for my '82, I called Nissan thinking ha-ha, I'm going to get ripped here. But the guy was really nice. He checked to make sure they were still in stock and then told me that they listed for $325 (or $335, something like that), but that he'd sell it to me for "under $300". I think some dealers (or parts guys) like people who are restoring old Zs and will give them breaks.

Another option I had at the time was Just Dashes, an outfit in CA that restores old dashboards with some kind of patented process. I have seen their work in an early Z and several other cars and it's hard to believe how nice it looks -- better than a new dash! Even all the speaker holes and such are perfect. It'll cost you, though. Just Dashes quoted me $500 for a ZX dash about 4 years ago. You can check out their website at www.justdashes.com

As luck would have it, on one of my sorties into the local Pick-Your-Part, I found an almost perfect dash for my car. Being a half-price day, I think it cost me $25.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.