ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is injector #2 if you are facing the engine from the front of the car. I had replaced it and unfortunately went through the plenum. I fixed it with some high heat compound, but only put a thin layer and it apparently came off.

Now I'm using this compound

Remember that if you are fixing the hole with a compound, it will run, so DO NOT FORGET TO COVER THE SCREW BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM TRYING TO REMOVE THAT SCREW WHEN THE COMPOUND IS DRY.

Hope this helps anybody that is thinking about doing this. It is not hard to do, but you do have to take your time and not rush things. Also, try shaving off some and try taking of the screw, if you can, great, if not, shave some more, but you have to go little by little. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I would've put some thing metal sheet or something similar for the jb weld to hold on to...

but hope it sticks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is ok because it is under a vaccum when the car is on. The other thing is that as you mix it, you have to wai until it is thick enough so that it is no running, so that it stays in place and you can mold it as best as you can...

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
JB weld will work fine alone.

Amazing to me how often people go too far with the Dremal. You should have stopped a long time before you made the hole. No need to remove that much material.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
I removed about 1/2 that amount of meat.. just enough to get my super long phillips impact bit on it ( and that still wasn't at a prefect 90 ). I was SO PARANOID of punching through the wall.. I thought less was way better than more..
I also have ball driver allens,so being at 90 wasn't a big deal..
J&B her up, you'll be fine..

Mike

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Right, agreed, like I said "just enough to get my super long phillips impact bit on it ( and that still wasn't at a prefect 90 )".

The point.. just take out the bare minimum of plenum meat to get the old assy out.
Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I totally agree, but it was the first one, I did #4 and did it pefectly. I fixed the hole and the car runs amazing. I unfortunately do not have an impact tool so old fasion philips and a whole **** of luck to take out the old screws and put the allens in, but with patience, it comes out great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.