ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Just be slow and steady till you get a hang of the timing.... You'll probably stall coming to a stop forgetting to push in the clutch!

Clutch in
Revs up
Let clutch out slow till you feel it start to grab..
A bit more power as you SLOWLY let the clutch the rest of the way out.

Practice makes perfect!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
April 22nd, 2011:

-Finished all the vacuum lining
-Finished Gas lining
-Filled radiator with fluid
-Filled engine block with oil (After screwing in the oil filter of course)
-Filled transmission with 3 quarts of ATF fluid. (the hose technique was awesome)
-Wired the starter relay plug to the clutch switch
-Installed the battery and hooked it up.

-CRANKED THE CAR! twice.. before the battery died =(

Here's the video as promised: and will have the video of the car actually firing up for the first time when the battery is done charging in an hour or so. (hopefully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCETh3k1D3o

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
nooo! get that battery charged. I just have to fill my tranny now, and give her a start! I had to replace my parking brake shoes before i set it back down...now i will have a working parking brake again!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
4/23/2011:

Got the exhaust hung, but the manufacturer left out two bolts, so I wasn't able to get it all tightened up to hear her purr =(

Going to bed and am going to buy the bolts and hopefully be done with her tomorrow? May or may not, I have work and need to go out to get my license re-pictured.

·
Registered
254 Posts
KyleKidd said:
April 22nd, 2011:

-Finished all the vacuum lining
-Finished Gas lining
-Filled radiator with fluid
-Filled engine block with oil (After screwing in the oil filter of course)
-Filled transmission with 3 quarts of ATF fluid. (the hose technique was awesome)
-Wired the starter relay plug to the clutch switch
-Installed the battery and hooked it up.

-CRANKED THE CAR! twice.. before the battery died =(

Here's the video as promised: and will have the video of the car actually firing up for the first time when the battery is done charging in an hour or so. (hopefully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCETh3k1D3o

Why did you fill the manual with ATF?? Cleaning it???

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I meant to put mt-90 manual transmission fluid. This is what I actually filled it up with, sorry for the confusion:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

·
Registered
519 Posts
do your reverse lights work? mine dont! mine is all done EXCEPT for figuring out my reverse lights! oh, and bleeding my clutch line...

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
mkzg: I didn't mess with the reverse lights yet. I'll do that later after I take her for a spin.. Or 10

Oh, and the **** clutch slave bleeder screw broke on me. It was a shitty NAPA part that I'm going to return and get my money back when I have the new Conceptz one coming in the mail in a few days.

·
Registered
519 Posts
yea, i wanted to get the speed bleeders but I cant find them anywhere around me, and I dont want to wait anymore either! Nice days and the Z sitting on jackstands=no fun!

I will have them bled soon, got a friend coming over to help! Hopefully you can get yours up and going soon!

·
Registered
290 Posts
quick fix for the reverse light.. just run a switch so you can manually turn it on and off... hey its wack and ugly but at least you can tell someone that you are on REVERSE

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
April 24 2011:

Got her all done.

Interior is in and everything.

But I need to bleed my clutch slave I think, Its not coming back from the floor very fast and I have to wait like 20 seconds after pushing in the clutch before I can shift again.

Looks like I will have to wait another week for that clutch slave =(

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.