ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Isnt it great how you have to take care of one thing, but end up doing 20 things instead. Ah! Gotta love owning a Z.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
But it will be RIGHT when it goes back in......and that;s something you gotta love.
Mike

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Every time I fix one of the previous owners stupid little quick fixes it brings a smile to my face. Yet for every fix I make, I usually uncover another problem.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
KyleKidd said:
Every time I fix one of the previous owners stupid little quick fixes it brings a smile to my face. Yet for every fix I make, I usually uncover another problem.
Thats usually what happens until you uncover all of the rig fixes from the previous owner.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
March 5th, 2011:

-Spend about an hour cleaning a lot of oil and grease off the engine block
-Replaced valve cover gasket on drivers side
-replaced the VTC on drivers side
-Resealed the valve cover where the half moon seal is, and replaced the half moon seal on drivers side
-replaced one of the PCV hoses near the valve cover gasket

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well that pic was before. But no, I just want to get this done. I don't want to spend the extra time right now.

Watch me regret it in the summer though.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
March 6th, 2011:

-Got the plenum back on
-Taking a break to watch some movies with the fiance

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
March 7th, 2011:

-removed the old harness
-installed the new harness (wasn't as bad as some make it out to be, though my engine was out). I did NOT de-pin either plug.
-removed auto shifter
-installed manual shifter

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I felt like an idiot because I couldn't figure out how to get the shifter assembly into the hole.
I spend a good 10 min trying to finesse it in with no luck. Then I finally realized that the bottom half unbolts from the top half.

I even texted Lum for help. Was one of those "wow what am I doing" moments.

I also broke one of the 4 12mm bolts that holds the shifter down. You can see its the lower left bolt in the last picture. I'm not going to worry about it however, since it doesn't budge at all with the other 3 tightened down.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I was looking at some short throw shifters on ebay.

Why would I need blue prints? Just unbolt the stock one and replace with the new short throw shifter. Its only 2 12mm bolts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
KyleKidd said:
I was looking at some short throw shifters on ebay.

Why would I need blue prints? Just unbolt the stock one and replace with the new short throw shifter. Its only 2 12mm bolts.

I have blue prints to modify the stock shifter, to give a shorter throw. Same as Silvertwin and Woody75 shifters.
Columbo: send me an email and I will send a copy tomorrow from work.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
March 8th, 2011:

-Took apart the dash (ugh)
-Got the brake pedal out.
-Amber cleaned some of the crud off the transmission

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm feeling a little anxious about putting the dash back in. I already broke the driver side top vent pretty badly. =(

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You should be able to find a replacement fairly easily. People part out these cars often. I'd suggest watching tt.net classifieds.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.