Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Who is this guy???

RANDELL wrote:
-------------------------------
cannot find my letters,trying to respond to poeple interested.

I'd love to get this info, I'm sure we all would. What's the deal with this Randell guy? About once a week he posts something like this with extremely short incomplete sentences. Like he's paying for web time buy the second or something. Am I missing something? Sorry if I sound like a jerk now, but I keep gettting my interest up and would really like to know who this guy is now.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Remember the Fairlady incident???

quite rude,i have started sending imfo on disk brake conversion,and D.I.S. to the poeple that asked. sorry about my typing skills ,i also keep my word on sending imfo above.to Bernard i do not hav a digital camra or scanner sorry. willwrite to you soonsend imfo withen 7 days. thank-you randell

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

HELLO OPIE! I work 6 days a week at toyota as a salesperson,as i develope new stuff for 240z cars i well give it away.like D.I.S.,this took me 2 months to figure out,and rear disk brake convesion i well give to any one that wants imformation. LOOK A COMPLETE SENTANCE> randell good day

·
Registered
567 Posts
RE: rear brake conv.

I'd be interested to see anything you have on a rear brake conversion for a 240. I've heard the old Toyota Coronas had rear disks that would work pretty simply but the info was vague to say the least. What can you find out about that?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
greg

sorry about my typing,i have never typed well,so i just send questions,or imformation as quickly as i can.i am a classic two fingerd typer,sorry. randell

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: rear brake conv.

use back plates,dust sheilds and caliper,and handbrake cable of early F.W.D. nissan maxima,almost bolts on,thank god for dremal tools, randell

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here's a parts list....

1) Rear disc brake bracket from Maxima.
2) Rear caliper from either Maxima or 82-83 280ZX.
3) Rear rotor from 82-83 ZX. The 79-81 is too heavily offset to work.
4) Brake cables from maxima or 280zX?

Procedure:
1) Remove your drum and backing plate, and stub axle.
2) Install Maxima brake plate over rear hub. (you might need to open up the id of the maxima plate, using a dremel tool, or have a machine shop open it up for you, there is about a 1/4" difference.)
3) Install stub axle, and slip rotor over it. This fits perfectly, no modification necessary.
4) Install rear caliper, and brake lines/cables.
5) remember to bleed your system, and I recommend getting new pads/rotors.

Note: you might need some washers for spacing the caliper over the rotor. If I get this done, I'll post my findings, if someone else does before me, please do the same.

I have all these parts, but have yet to install them. this procedure is based on my observations, and may not be 100% correct. Let me know if there are any missing/incorrect steps.

Dave

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That's cool if you,re doing that. I posted because on the old forum I saw you post a good tempting bit of info and lots of people responded that they were interested, but then I never saw any response from you. Again, yesterday, another post and when someone asked why you offer info and never post again, I slammed you. I don't care about your typing skills, but I do care about the integrity of the forum. I've seen the other z forum gone childish and this one has had people screwing with other users, too. Since then, I have feel that every new post could be suspect.
Sorry, a little defensive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
240 Dave

Thanks for the part list, one thing you forgot about is a new proportioning valve (I'd go with an adjustable to dial in the setting) if you don't you're gonna lock your rears and that's never a good thing.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RE: Here's a parts list....

don't you need the booster and master cylinder from the zx also? seems like I saw that mentioned in a post one time.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RE: Here's a parts list....

I am doing this conversion as we speak. There is a specific Maxima bracket that has the proper center bore and offset for the swap. Dont know exactly what years it came on but it is available from Nissan. I will get the part# and post it. It differs from the other Maxima bracket in that it is not flat but actually has an offset. I scrounged the boneyards looking for them as I was told they were on 83-84 but on a special run only. I had no luck and ended up buying them from a local Z performance shop for $55/ea. At least now I am guaranteed everything will bolt right up.

Scottie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Almost a 100% bolt on, but who can help re: emergency brake hookup. In short, I've mounted the complete rear disks and calipers from an '85 maxima using the '82-83 maxima caliper mount. No grinding. Calipers, rotors, and dust cover all mount up on 1970z rear struts if they are rotated forward and mounted forward of the rotor centerline. The problem I'm trying to solve is the emergency brake hookup. The original Z's e-brake is a one piece cable running from one brake over a saddle and then to the other brake. This brake used a simple clevis and pin on each end to actuate the parking brakes. The emergency brake for the calipers uses a different size rod/pin hold and two separate cables: one from each wheel to the E brake lever. My new arangement requires the e-cable to run in front of the half shafts to the new location of the calipers. Short of fabricating a new E brake cable from an aftermarket source, are there any one piece nissan cables that might work with the original z's e brake saddle and lever? I appreciate any light.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.