ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now i have a kick ass job, pullin in over twice as much as i use to, so i have about $1500 a month after all bills and savings are acounted for to blow on car parts lol, i love bein an 19 yr old kid with barely any responsibilities. so im thinkin ill build a new turbo engine. i want to keep drivin my 300zxt while i build the engine so i tried finding a turbo engine in the junk yard but nope not a 1. but they do have like 6 na engines for like $200 each. so my question is where can i buy some .30 over bore dished pistons? im looking to run 20-25 lbs of boost, and a small NOS setup. any help? will take all advice plus, what are the strongest head gaskets out there? and if u have any sugestions on the build feel free to add. thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
20-25 PSI ?? WHY NOT 30-35 Dude to build an engine capable of handeling that kind of pressure, and have it driveable as a street car you are going to spend 4-5K for the engine itself, not to mention...... What am I saying, I dont think you are thinking right.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh get the na block bore it 20mm over get some forged pistons $600 the measurement for the pistons needed for 20mm over bore would be 3.345 and also make sure the piston is made for a 21mm or 22mm pin just depends on what year twinturbo rod you get you will have to measure it. Used twinturbo rods on ebay $40-80 and then you should have a tough engine capable of running 25+ psi pending on turbo size. Thats what I did anyways was the cheapest route I could find for a solid motor and for bearings I used TOGA great oil pressure!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hybrid i mean i plan to spend up to 15k on this engine and turbo tranny and rear end. money isnt that much of an option, im just needing some sugestions and resources for parts, and thanks alot 300zx86t.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
The proper way to truly do this is taking the core motor that you are going to build to your machinist/engine builder. Order a set of 20 over pistons then find that your block needs to go 40 is not a good thing at all. If you have a good machine shop they should be able to get you a good deal on the right pistons. When I build a VG30 I go directly to the true weak spot, the rods. I use a set of Eagle H=beams and forged pistons, usually CSP or JE is what I recomend, but Wiesco's are good too. Take the advice of a engine builder and or machinist. Don't buy a piston before you have a engine in hand takend apart, cleand and inspected. If your interested in buying a built motor I have one on a stand ready to assemble.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Why don't you just put in an awsome 350Z VQ35de,

Now were talking about power baby!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.