ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ian ( my fabricator freind) came by and picked up the upper manifold. We discussued what we are going to attempt. I do not have some of the requirements that you do with your factory ecu, but I want this to be an intake that will work with factory hookups . We plan to sell 10 intakes. ( I'll take deposits after the final prototype is finshed and tested) Obviously (just as I) you want pics!! I will start taking pictures of the intake as it progresses, during each build stage of the prototype. We plan on making it a side entry, that is going to utilize a 70-75mm throttle body. and fit under the stock hood. We are going to try to retain the factory emissons controls, and the vaccum ports. The stock idle control will be moved to the back of the intake. These features are not going to be on the prototype because I do not need them, but will be installed on the others. While this is not going to be a "Bolt On" it should install without much modding. We may not use any of the factory intake except for the lower flange. Very exciting! The intake is going to be opened up this week, We expect to have a nice intake and the target price is $500. Could be less depending on how long it takes to make this. As I take pics and post them I hope you will start considering sending cores and deposits to me so we will have a reason to hurry!! LOL Im NOT offering an Engloid design, as I couldnt copy such a Nicely constructed idea. Mine will be much differant, require some allterations and require more than "I can turn a screwdriver" knowledge and ability to install, but will flow alot of air!

Post Edited (Jun 15, 5:35pm)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Cool, can't wait to see the pics. Are you gonna flowbench it?

Post Edited (Jun 15, 5:43pm)

·
Registered
304 Posts
if it works and isnt as much as an engloids im in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.