ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Why is the intake not tapered toward the end to keep air pressure up. For ex. plumbing in a house starts out w/big pipes, and ends w/ smaller one to keep even pressure throughout the house. Stock intake are (tuned) this way. If there is somthing that I'm not getting, please tell.
That is a very cool intake, hope it works good for you.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: YEA,,, How much, dude.

Who do you know? haha. Aluminum welding is not a thing that most people know how to do right. Please tell.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: YEA,,, How much, dude.

I've had the thing on order from Robert at force efi since last September. What a pain in the rear trying to get it. Work is pretty, but delivery sucks. I don't like the way it fits the car, so it may be going back for rework anyway. The inlet is only 9 inches from the radiator and points directly at it. I don't know if I can, or even want to, get the intercooler piping bent in that sharp of a turn. plus the vacuum ports are right where the turbo outlet is, so they will have to be moved. I specifically told him where to put the vacuum ports, drew a picture and everything, so that is his fault. I don't know about the inlet, though. Since he missed the delivery date repeatedly he knocked the price way , way down. It was about $350 my cost for the intake, 60mm ford throttle body, idle air adapter, and fuel rail. I supplied a stock intake that he cut to use the port flanges from. It uses standard chevy/ford style injectors and any ford throttle body. He said it would cost well over $1000 for him to even consider building another one. I don't know if that is true or whether he was just frustrated. It seems getting the ports in the right place is a bitch since the flanges are seperate for each port. The inside work on each port is absolutely gorgeous, as you can see from the picture. each port is tapered, but I don't know why he didn't taper the whole plenum as well. it looks like this intake is going back for more mods. I guess I'll run a stocker on it if I have to. It will be good to do a back to back comparison anyway. Anybody have a non EGR manifold they can sell me?
greg
71 240z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.