ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know that cruise isn't that important and all that but it sure is nice on the highway. That aside, here is my question. Can the steering wheel controls on an 85T be changed over to the column switch without too much hassle? I plan on getting a new steering wheel and I would like to retain my Cruise if possible. If its not possible, I may try to relocate the buttons. If its too much trouble I'll just take all the crap off and have some extra space under the hood. Either way, something is gonna get done. Thanks for the help. Later.

·
Registered
455 Posts
YEAH i have the same Q. Why doesnt it work. What should i look for is it an electronic thing? or mechanical. THe wire is still hooked up to the throttle body. Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yes, cruise in nice to have on the highway.

You need to delve into the details of the wiring doagrams in the FSM to convert steering wheel control to column control.
The connection beteeen the steering wheel controls and the amplifer for the cruise controller is optical, and basically not a million miles away from a TV remote control.

The FSM wiring diagrams should give you some ideas on how to bypass the optical amplifier so you can run the column switch lever.

In theory, one of those universal "learning" TV remotes could be used to control the audio and CC, along with some inventive relocation and use of stock parts, but I haven't gone into that in any detail myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.