ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I saw one of those Single SU crown turb kits lately and would like to know where I could find one and at what cost?? could that be adapted to use with my l24 or would I need to go to the l28???

Where is the Crown Turbo kit???

Dustin

·
Registered
650 Posts
As far as i know, Crown Turbo kits are beta items, however, you can build one just like i did. i went to the local J/Y and picked up the turbo, exhaust manifold, down pipe, and oil pan from an 82 zxt. then i got a turbo compressor housing from a 84-89 mustang svo or t-bird. (you need this to bolt the adaptors to).

Ian from Fresno Auto Sport Tech. put together the adaptors for the SU carb to bolt to the turbo compressor housing and the intake adaptor, he also rebuilt my SU for me, and made all the gaskets. all for somewhere in the area of $200. you will also need a cable throttle linkage from a 200sx or the equal of. last but not least you need an MSD-6BTM to retard the timing when the boost level rises. all together i would say i spent around $1000 for everything.

$400 for the turbo parts from the zx
$200 for the adaptors and carb rebuild
$300 for the MSD-6BTM
$100 for custom exhaust piping

i havent had time to bolt the turbo to the engine yet, but i want to rebuild the engine before i put the turbo in anyways just to be on the safe side. i hope this all helps.

ian is the one that came up with this turbo idea and if you would like to speak with him you can reach him at 559-346-4480, just tell him ed told you about him ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.