ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching my r180 over to an r200 3.54, I've been told that since they moved everything forward from '73 on, I only need the mustache bar. I have one off of a '78 so that should work. Do I need the Diffy mount crossmember also?

Thanks to all and have a great weekend!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Provided you have the curved moustache bar just bolt it all in. Getting the left half shaft in can be a pain. It's easier if you put the half shafts on before the moustache bar. The only mod you need to make is the safety strap over the front of the diff. It won't fit with a R200 so if you want to use it you will have to make a bracket to move the whole assy. back about an inch or so.

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
Re: Ohh, that strap...

If you have a floor jack, you can get the R180 strap to fit, but I don't recommend it! ;-)
I trash that strap and install a solid mount (noisy).
If you want quiet, use the stock rubber mount and do the JTR mod by wrapping a cable around the front of the diff and clamping it down. I got some aircraft cable with swaged threaded ends made, and that's what keeps the front of my wifes' 260 diff in place. I just drilled some holes in the crossmember, and tensioned the cables down over the nose of the diff in an "X" fashion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.