ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a strange noise I can't figure it out it's not the rear dif, I checked that...The best way to discribe the noise is to call it a cv joint going bad. It sounds like the clicking that a cv makes when you turn, But this happenes when I'm going slow and can hear whats going on under the car. I have no idea what this might be... Any help
Again it's a clicking noise...Kind of faint

·
Registered
559 Posts
haha..i was driving around and i heard some weird noise..turned out to be a tumbleweed on the ground lol..not that you have the same problem..just something to look for...some foreign object hitting moving parts

·
Registered
782 Posts
My car makes a rattle sound from the rear driver side wheel but its a my brake caliper bushings causing my sound. I can tighten the caliper really tight and 2 weeks later it rattles agian.

·
Registered
958 Posts
my transmission was rattling when my throwout bearing was going bad. I automatically knew it was coming from the transmission though, even when I was inside the car. I could feel some weird vibrations coming through the the clutch petal.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah this is different then a throwout bearing...Again its like a CV joint Clicking sound... not sure where its coming from and there is nothing hitting the drive shaft or anything else.. I've gotten under it and looked

·
Registered
958 Posts
does it happen specific times? Like when you turn your wheel? Have someone mess with the car while you listen to it as close to the car as possible but ofcourse staying in a safe environment. Try to identify EXACTLY where the sound is coming from underneath the car.

Post Edited (Sep 14, 10:29am)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I notice a clicking sound from time to time during light breaking. It clicks once, then goes away. A few miles down the road, i'll break again, and i hear that same clicking sound. It also comes from the rear drivers side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.