ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I want to swap out the L28e and I was thinking about putting in a v8 and I want to be different so why not a Ferrari v8. Has anyone done anything like this? I know that I will probably need a different transmission and stuff but it would be pretty fun any input?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I mean the engine alone would cost more than the car lol. But for the sake of engineering, fuckit. If someones got enough brains and money to fabricate it I guess it would certainly be unique..

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
it'll piss the Ferrari guys off lol :laugh

Bon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly :grin I'm currently getting my degree in mechanical engineering so I should be able to do it! Just need to save up for that engine. it will be expensive but i think that high revving v8 would be worth it

·
Super Moderator
41,003 Posts
Small V8 vs Medium 6....I can tell you're in an engineering program. Lots of work for the sake of work.

People have already put in Infinity IRL Engines into S30's BTW. A heck of a lot more power and revs than your run of the mill Ferarri, and cheaper to boot!

Heck, the McMeekin brothers put an Olds Aurora Indy V8 in an S13 and went over 215 mph...

Any engine swap is hardy a 'crazy' idea unless you are radically changing displacements, like a 2800 HP P&W Radial, or maybe a V12 Merlin. A Ferrari is about as crazy as a 427 LSX Swap. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy. Nothing crazy about it at all. Pretty straightforward, you just need the money to burn.

Put it in a GTO body conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts