ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the crank pulley(s) be separated from the harmonic balancer that sits inside of it? I know there are like 3 different kinds (crank pulleys) to be found on these Z31s, depending upon W-series motors versus NON-W-series motors and V-belt style pullies versus non-V-belt....BUT ASIDE from thos differences, I have a NON-V-belt style-NON-W-series crank that came off of a very early '87 Turbo. I've already separated those 6 little 10mm nuts successfully, but the only thing that held on was the smallest pulley. My goal here is to separate the harmonic balancer from the pulleys. It looks like it sits inside of the pulleys....is it pressed in there, or has 21 years of service fused these two items together? WHAT do I need to remove it? Heat? I'm looking for the easiest way out (as if i had to say that).

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Yeah, you could pry the dampening ring off and save yourself like 2lbs of weight or so, but thats kinda silly. The pulley/dampener is balanced as a unit though, so by pulling the dampening ring off, you're probably going to have it off balance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.