ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had experience with Courtesy Nissan? I've ordered from them several times, and they haven't yet sent me all the correct items. Hope it's just me.
Nathan

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I have ordered from them numerous times and have had mixed success. They have always been very helpful and have corrected mistakes, but several times I either received partial orders, or no parts at all. When I called them once after waiting a week for a priority overnight delivery, they found the box sitting on the shelf that never got shipped. Another time, they sent me only about half the things I ordered even though they had them in stock. In all cases they gave me free stuff, or removed the shipping charges after I called them. I would definetely use them again, but they aren't perfect. I think the counter guys do their job, but maybe a different department boxes and ships the parts. They always seemed to get upset at someone and appologize profusely when there was a screw up.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: Positive

While they aren't perfect, they do go the extra mile. They aren't stingy with their discounts, and will spend as much time with you as they can to get you exactly what you want. Not to mention, they really like Z cars.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Nothing but positive experience w/Courtesy.

I drive from Arlington to do biz w/Courtesy, about an hour each way through the crap part of Dallas traffic. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't worth my effort.

Ken

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Positive. But as a rule, I only use them when i absolutely need Nissan OEM or NISMO performance parts. A lot of times I can do just fine at regular parts houses and, of course, Motorsports.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They have always been very good to me also when it comes to getting parts. As a matter of fact I'm going to order something in the very near future. Don't be afraid to order from these guys, like someone said before they are not perfect but they will go out of their way to make things right if there is a problem.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had a problem,

I ordered some injector seals and they never came, although they charged my credit card for them. I called a few weeks later to ask why I had not received them and was told they would send them out. NEVER got them and was never given a refund! Ended up buying them local!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Re: I had a problem,

That's funny because that was what I didn't receive. I ordered them for a 240SX I had which began leaking like crazy. Nobody had them in stock locally, so I had them "overnighted" from Courtesy. I kept calling them and was told several times that they were sent out the day I ordered them. Finally after almost a week, I called them again and this time talked to my original parts guy who had left for vacation right after I placed my order. He looked around and found my box on the "ready to ship" shelf where it had been since he boxed it. He applogized and reboxed it along with a free Z hat and shipped it out right free away. The total for the seals was under $3.00 I just wish I had a Nissan dealer here in Michigan that was 1/10th as good. Mine are useless and hardly know what a Z is. They can't even order parts for them since they have no micro-fiche for the Z cars anymore. Needless to say, they have ZERO inventory for Z parts.

Jeff

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: I had problems

I bought a head gasket and it was damaged when i took it out of the package. Fire ring was creased. They sent out another one and it too had a crease in a fire ring. I'd have to guess they ruined it when they manhandled er put it in the cardboard. Ordered pressure plate bolts and bolts but I don't know what they were for. Ordered a a/c idler bearing & got a clutch pilot bearing. They try to make good on their goofs but I don't need the aggravation of dealing with someone 1500mi away. I gave the parts man at my local Nissan dealer a bottle of his favorite Scotch and he gives me his emplyee discount now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys

Well, seems like I'll keep doing business with Courtesy. They have charged me for stuff I didn't receive, but then they've sent me free stuff too. Nice and good prices to boot.
Nathan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.