ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nebody know where i can go to get my wheels chrome dipped? i posted bout this earlier but everybody seemed to think i was talkin bout polishing...i want that mirror finish like bum's NA wheels

also, how do ur clutches feel? mine has zero resistance and catches at the very top...if u get that....just wonderin if any other 300's are like that cause my friends drive my car and just cannot get it lol
thanks _James_

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Can you specify the feel of your clutch?

It definitely should have some resistance/firmness to it. When was the last time that the clutch was replaced? They are generally good for about 5 years of daily driving.

I just finished replacing mine and having a fresh clutch is wonnnnderfulll :).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replaced 2 yrs ago...feels great to me it just feels ALOT different than my friends' 5.0 and hondas that ive driven...im not worried about it they were just wonderin if other ppl's z's clutches feel alot diff from other cars..not really a repair thing just curious....as soon as i push my clutch in i can shift without grinding and its always been like that even before i replaced the clutch...and after i push it in it doesnt have the constant resistance that the other cars have...i cant really explain it

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
mine catches near the middle. right where it should.

I thought the 300ZX of certain years used the same T5 tranny in the 5.0. yes? no?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
None of my wheels are chrome. They are all polished.

Chrome wheels suck. After a couple years, the chrome coating flakes off and your wheels look like ass.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah just got my clutch in january. it catches higher than most cars. I have a silverado thats a stick and its at the very bottom. Its a hard transition if i have to drive the two in the same day.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Stock Nissan clutch I was running caught about 1.5 inches from top of travel. I installed a Centerforce II and adjusted it to engage 1.5 inches from the floor with about an inch of free play at the top travel. Just the way I like it.

On my 350Z I had to adjust it down to engage closer to the floor it was so high. Then, I had to add another return spring cause she wouldn't always come back up to the top. 1.5 inches from the floor and 1.5 of free play at the top of travel. Just the way I like it.

This type of adjustment it perfect for me to speed shift to. Pedal hit the floor it should be in the next gear. Side step and off we go!

Now I want a Centerforce II for my 350Z.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.