Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My zx is back on the road Yay!
However, Any clues on easiest way to get the door panel off the inside of the passenger door ? when I got my car back from the shop the interior door latch won't pop the door. Z BUM didn't have anything on HIS site about it. Also what tools am I Likely to need?

Also the new (for me) engine sounds like **** and is running really rich, black soot on the bumper around the the muffler also the power is mostly gone... still accelerates okay but no burnouts...pout

and finally #3 I know the tranny is WAY over full and the fluid in it is kinda burnt up( going bad not fully toasted yet) I get kickdown on acceleration rarely and OD never. sometimes in D the tranny wont shift outta first but I believe thats a speed sensor issue and my speedometer kinda works when it wants to.

any ideas on that speedo thing would be cool too.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Pop the screw covers on the armrest and take the screws out. Unscrew the plate where the door latch is. Remove that light thing at the bottom corner of the panel.There will be plastic rivet thingies all around the sides of the panel, so you need to gently, let me repeat again GENTLY!!, pry it all the way around. Then wiggle it up and it will come off. Installation is reverse of removal. Post again if you have any problems, I'm doing this from memory.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
instructions are also in the Haynes manual.

But that looks about right.

Once you get the panel off, you'll see the little plastic piece that broke and how the rod isn't connected any more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.