ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 74 260Z with the stock L26, I also have access to a KA24DE (2.4L DOHC) from a '92 240SX and a manual trans for the KA24 if it need it. Anybody ever done it, or seen it done? I'm used to my Fiero where there s a mount kit for every motor I could think of. Does anybody make a L26 -TO- KA24DE motor mount kit?

Thanks
Tom

· Registered
433 Posts
no there is no kit, but the engine shouldn't require much to go in. the KA is an evolution of the four banger L engines, so the block design is pretty similar. You might have problems fitting it behind the crossmember as it is front sump, and the motor mounts might be too far back. Go to freshalloy.com and ask around the 240sx forums for some engine pics to get an idea of what you are working with. I'd also recommend www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com, as they just did a writeup of a KA swap into a 510. Just some ideas..

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Fit Anything.

You can fit anything into anything, given determination.
The easiest way I've found to swap motors is to save the mounts from the donor and replacement engine, and make a bracket to go either between them, or from the DONOR engine to wherever the original mounts bolted to on the frame. With adapter plates, you can move the engine to fit any position you want, up down, fore, and aft!
This is how the JTR V8 conversion is done, BTW.
Oh yeah, the newer visco-elastic mounts really tame vibration on the Z frame, too! You will be amazed how smooth the thing runs with the new technology mounts!

· Registered
29 Posts
Re: Fit Anything.

Tony D,
Can you tell me about the visco-elastic mounts you mention in your post above . Are they replacements and where are they sold? I have an early 260 and need mounts. TIA.

Paul in Hercules, CA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.