ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the engine and have pulled mine. can get the hoist for free. should it cost more then just fluids to stick an engine in? i dont think it does but just want to make sure (money is tight this month). thanks.

willb

·
Registered
787 Posts
You might want to change the clutch if it is original and while your at it get the flywheel redone ,new pressure plate, throwout bearing and pilot bushing.

Do this then you won't have to rip out the transmission if clutch decides to go.

Hope this helps you out

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Since you have the engine off, what's the condition of the clutch and the t/o bearing? This is THE time to change it, not 3 mo's later when it starts slipping cause it's worn. also the pilot bushing should be checked for cracks and wear

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Shouldn't even cost fluids if your cooling system is in good shape, ie: not needing changing, just catch it in a bucket, cover it, then pour it back in. If you have ac, I would look at unmounting the compressor and tying it out of the way so you do not have to lose the freon....other than that it is jerk it out and put it in...unless I'm forgetting something basic. Good Luck,
gary

·
Registered
787 Posts
We told him the samething 2 minutes apart.
one of us must be pyschic.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Russ: I was going to SAY THAT!

Russ, we have been on the forum for too long buddy! It may be psychic, or just plain ol good sense eh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.