ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I'm trying to find out where the copper sensor tubing from water **** runs to after leaving value switch. I need to install a new one and am wondering if someone has a diagram available or experience on this subject. Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
The copper tubing is attached to the heater core. The end that is connected to the heater core is coiled and is held in place by a metal plate, and the metal plate is screwed to the heater core (outside). I think the coiled tubing end senses the temperature of the heater core.

The end that is connected to the water heater **** (valve) has a small piston which limits the opening of the water heater **** (valve).

I hope this helps.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey, you sound like you understand these things. I know that he tuve is called a capillary tube. It somehow maintains the temperature of the sir inside the passenger compartment at a certain level. I have never understood how. But what you are saying about the "piston" really intrigues me. My car (78 Z) has always been kind of cold and I have oft wondered if itis adjustable. There is a little scrw which sticks out of the water **** that you can turn with a small screwdriver. If there is a piston which limits the opening of the valve, then does this screw act as an adjusting screw by defining the most open position of the piston somehow? If that is the case, then is it possible to open it up and make the car warmer by turning that screw? I would assume that turning it counter-clockwise (loosening) would make the car warmer... This is important. Any comments??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.