ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car car was customized by a company (apparently no longer in business) in Tampa called Z-Docs that used the convertible top frame from an existing sports car (triumph? MG?). The top is totally trashed, but if I knew what madel it came from, I could replace it easier(and cheaper) than treating it as a total custom.
Help!!!!?????

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Call J.C. Whitney...

at (312) 431-6102. Their tech reps ought to be able to tell you which BMC top was adapted to ZX's. Taking a few measurements of your frame beforehand might help, or you can arrange to fax them a sketch of the upraised top frame with measurements included. From the ZX chop jobs I've seen, I'd guess the tops come from a late model MGB.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Not a JC Whitney part.

But you should be able to adapt one. Brent, the owner, did those mods. I saw some that he was in the process of doing when I lived there, but can't remember what car was used for the donor. If you are in the Tampa area you might call information and try to get Andy Jurasic's phone number and see if he remembers Brent's last name or what car was the donor. The last name is pronounced GerAsik with a long A sound. Those cars looked like a Jenson Healey. Good luck.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
J.C. Whitney Part #78DL7472AF

That same number goes for Alfa Romeo, Austin Healey, BMW, Datsun, Fiat, Ford, Jaguar, Jensen Healey, Hillman, Lancia, MG, Mazda, Morris, Porsche, Renault, Saab, Simca, Singer, Sunbeam and Toyota convertible tops, plus a few others.

Now there's always the chance that the shop in Florida started from scratch, banged out their own top frames and custom-designed the covers, but I sure doubt that. It would've just about sent the cost of their conversions up there into the asteroid belt.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: I believe the frames were cut, fabbed and

welded from a junk yard part that was close but didn't fit certain areas right and tops were supplied through a local merchant. Once you have exhausted the resources available in Tampa then I would suggest the ONE SIZE FITS ALL route and get some black duct tape for the windshield seal that won't fit right. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.