ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to purchase a 86 300zx turbo automatic (my first z) and wondered since it has all the original stereo stuff in it, a few q's. Firstly, what is this betty i keep hearing about? Also the steering wheel has all these nifty buttons on it ( i think for the radio) and wondered if any of them worked with a new stereo installation? feel free to call me a moron if i am asking q's that make you laugh or want to cry or shoot yourself in the foot. it happens all the time.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
talking Betty is the voice warning system in the car, early models had it, 84-86
if you start driving and one of the doors is open it will ding and then say "right door is open" or when the fuel level gets very low she'll say "fuel level is low" and few more

no the wheel controlls will not work with after market stuff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Betty is annoying but does actually help. I've left my lights on quite a few times, and heard her familiar yet annoying voice come on and yelp at me!!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
no more bitchy betty for me, I shut her up!!! I already have a bitchy betty at home don't need one in the car too :) thats my quite place!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.