ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I dropped out my rear cross member, diff, and control arms. I did this so i could put my new prothane ploy bushings in and well I was at it clean and paint the assy. When I attempted to remove the bolts holding on the control arm i realized that the bolt had seized itself to the inner sleeve of the bushing. I tried my impact hammer, and heat. Still the bolt remained stuck into the sleeve. I ended up cutting through the bolts and burning the bushings and sleeves out with my blue tipped wrench. I then called the dealership to see if i could get the middle sleeve. apparently the sleeve is part of the bushings so i need to order the bushings and then cut the rubber off to get the sleeve. Now here’s my question, Does anyone who is parting out there Z have these sleeves so I don’t have to spend 80$ on some bushings that i wont even use.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong but I beleive the new poly bushings have the sleeves in them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOO, CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS NOT THE SUB FRAME BUSHINGS....THE BUSHINGS FOR THE CONTROL ARMS....WAIT ONE MORE TIME CONTROL ARMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.