ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1977 280Z Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to pull the engine from my '77 and the head is already off. I'd rather not reattach the head just to have connection points for the engine crain, but I'm not sure of the best alternatives right off the block. Has anyone else done this?

The weight wouldn't be too bad, it's got the 4 speed manual which I intend to pull along with the engine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What Wim posted would be the best way. You could probably also sling the back and front with nylon straps so long as you arrange it well.

I really wouldn’t want to use those 2 bigger front cover bolts. There’s not much to support them. They could probably handle it but better safe than sorry.

The head mounts will be more than enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You can use the head bolts to pull the engine and a heavy duty piece of chain. The bolts don't have to be torqued, just spin them in about 5 times. I use a weight balancer most of the time, maybe mine is heavier duty than Wim's is because I've pulled somewhere way over 100 engines with transmissions on them without a problem of any kind. Z man of Washington

·
Registered
1977 280Z Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I picked up a weight balancer for this effort. The weather hasn't been good for anything else but hopefully this weekend I can work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts