ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weaks ago I posted about a connection that I needed help on. Here is the picture of the connection.

Slobo7x said that it was the oil pressure switch but I've gone through some of the faqs of TT.net and they say the oil pressure switch is actually located right next to the oil filter.

This connection is however located on the driver side bottom of the motor. Could someone shed some light on this? Also, does someone know where the actual connection piece is that is suppose to go into that?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
When you installed the JDM engine you forgot to move the oil pressure switch to the other side. On JDM engines the oil pressure switch is located just where your say it is on the drivers side. When installing a JDM engine into a USDM car you need to remove the plug from the passengers side and relocate the sensor on the drivers side to there. You then use the plug from the passengers side to close the port from on the drivers side where you removed the sensor from.

Post Edited (Jan 8, 5:59am)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes, so how screwed am I now that the motor is in? Is it still possible to reconnect it with the motor in?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
like he said, just remove the oil sensor from the block (you can do this with the motor in, then remove the plug on the exact opposit side of the engine and swap the two. That way your harness will reach the sensor after you've installed it on the correct side.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can someone supply me a picture of the harness and where it connects to the main harness? For some reason I can not find even the plugs where it connectes into the main harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.