Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the looks of the Greedy e-01...
and AFTER I get all my boost leak stuff under control.. this is what I need to get that extra WOO HOO factor in HP...right?
Also I would like the turbo timer option.
So what other options are there? ( yes I did a search )

I assume I would have to have:
A good chip ( ecm is socketed,running stock Fed & my 2nd has the CA smog chip )
Pop charger ( installed )
Will go Cat back exhaust next ( trying to figgure that out ).
The boost controller.

Target: Daily driver with some Whoop ass ( available on demand ) 370 hp max.

I'm really liking this ride.. it makes going to work less of a chore..
I ordered the new trim for the windshield surrounds.. next in the wind shield replacement ( 2 big chips in front glass from PO ).

The new smaller front tires work nice with the rims, no more scraping. the front end is TIGHT with al the front end work ( shocks, upper & lower arms, new lower ball joints & bushings ).. I have to have it realigned (again) it now has a slight pull to the right. The Nexen tires are not to noisy, and seem to grip really well.

The climate control is still 100% after all that fun.
The syncro in 1st is a bit weak..
The car still runs stone cold & no coolant leaks.

As far as the math of I put X into the car and it's worth Y.. bah..
I'm so past all that... this car is responding to the buckets of cash very nicely.

Mike

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I got profec spec b II and I really like it... got some safety features and records your peak boost as well so you can see it after you're done so u can keep your eyes on the road...

as far as turbo timer... forget it... its more of a trouble than a real help... as long as you don't boost the **** out of it and just shut the engine off immediately you'll b fine. just drive for a mile or so without boosting and that should take care of it. remember our turbos are water cooled aswell

as for the rest of the toys... go for them... you'll love them. One I really liked was the UD pulley =)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sal I looked at the profec bII. I have the little pocket below the stereo which I use for my iPod & the secret antenna defeat switch, so I don't want to use that real estate for a controller.. unless it will fit where the stock clock goes.. I could have that panel cut.. is there enough room there?!

I was TOLD that if you let the car idle for about 2 minutes.. your turbo life would not be cut as short..But I'm more concerned when the kids borrow the car ( yes color me stupid ) that they drive it with spirit ( and have been busted by me ) pull in the driveway and shut it down... I thought if I put the turbo timer in it would FORCE a cool down cycle...

How's your battery drain issue coming?
( I think my Alts starting to die.. but I have a rebuilt ready to go ).

I think I stick with the stock pulley.. I like the idea of mass up front to keep the crank from wobbling...

Mike

·
Registered
663 Posts
It will fit where the clock is. Many people put it there. The hole will need a small amount of shaving.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
a crappy pic I took from an older vid =P

I would recommend being a little more careful when removing the material and would suggest using 80 grit sandpaper to remove some material and then finishing with some finer grit.. you can tell I messed up some =P

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The need for a turbo timer on a Z32 that runs synthetic oil is nil. Z32 turbos are water cooled so the center sections don't run as hot as some others. Add to that the fact that synthetic oil has a higher boiling point with a much less tendency to coke and you'll soon see that there simply is no need for a turbo timer. Now if you still run Dino oil then that's another story.

If your radio has a clock then there's no need for the stock one. Great place for a boost controller. PS.... If your clock still works it's a good item to sell.;)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok.. this is all great info & pix's THANKS...

Ok so I bought the GReddy Profec B Spec II ( 190.00! new )
My clock does work but I have one in the AVIC ..( Either open or closed ).

JT I still run Dino oil ( Casterol 10-40 ).. but I'm coming up on my 1st oil change, since the TT swap ( and the oil is still VERY CLEAN!).Open to suggestions on the "Oh this is the BEST oil in the universe!".

And any links to a link with all the Profec install " oh by the ways " and calibration..? I will keep the boost DOWN since I have stock injectors & stock fuel pump.. so 10 psi good enough as a stop point? 91 gas..

I might buy a 2nd Flebay front panel and machine a nice aluminum panel as a fascia to go over that whole lower area.. and move the boost controller as far left as I can get it.. that will leave space on the right for other " mods ".

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I shop or can't I.... heheheheheheheh...

Ya know the head unit looks a lot BIGGER in the pix's on E bay!

Mike

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
WHAT THE HEELLLL!!! I GOT THAT SOB FOR 380!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!

its really easy install... I even made a video out of it and the tunning aswell... only down part is that it is in spanish XD

pero si te fluye el español aqui esta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgg6Hb_ZVhs

and in case your spanish is not so polished... at least you'll get some ideas of where to hook things up =P

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG! I thought I was confused BEFORE~

TRANSLATOR POR FAVOR!

Mike

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
192 for used...not new per description...

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right.. but if it will do the same thing.. I don't mind used, heck the CAR is used.

Mike

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
z-addict, what do you have? I need one for the tt-vert.

Drop me a PM if you're interested in selling.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA
Zinister see's the light of the DEAL!

Some things I will not buy used, some things I will buy used & prefer..
I restore old things.
Tube amps /receivers,speakers ( JBL & Altec ),and I do new too!
iPods, iPhones,computers, cars etc etc.

They don't make things like they used to, so things that will last 50+ years & can be serviced, repaired I will do the do.. and get more life for less $$, some I keep, some I sell and that funds hobbies like this.
My 220 volt 30 gallon stand up compressor ( dual piston Ingersol Rand ) I got for FREE.. all it needed was the contactors burnished and the trip's adjusted. It's been working for me for 5 years now and I have had to do 2 oil changes & replace belts.

I will pay 1/3 the price for a Craftsman rachet used since it will do the job & have a lifetime warranty.. so what do I need the box for? Oh yes to recycle.. that I also have to PAY FOR ( part of the garbage fee's ).

Right now I'm restoring a 1934 Philco radio that needs 20.00 in parts (Filter caps).****, what do YOU have that has been sitting that long and fires up after all that time & still works??

Did I get off topic... whoops

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.