ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I purchased a Rack and Pinion from Concept Z and was charged a core charge of $200. The Rack and Pinion arrived then I removed my old Rack and Pinion and put it in the box with the pre-paid UPS label the company provided. Foolishly, I did not write down the tracking number like any thinking individual would. I then brought it to the UPS store where they shipped the core to the address on the label. Three months later I contact Concept Z and they tell me that they need a tracking number to reimburse me for my core charge. I never received a tracking number because the shipping label was prepaid (which is just my way of saying I was lazy and didn't snap a camera photo of it or write it down because even on prepaids, if you ASK UPS Store give you a receipt), but Concept Z tells me sorry but they can not do anything without a tracking number. They tell me that the core went to a 3rd party company that cant find my core, without a tracking number. I contacted the UPS store and they tell me that the only way to find this Tracking number is by using the shipper number of the company, but the I'm not allowed to have the shipper number (And of course I didn't snap that photo of the drop ship label, or get the shipping receipt when I dropped it off sooo). So now I get stomp my feet on the internet because in my mind I was "cheated out of $200.00" for a core that was shipped to the proper address. The customer suffers because of the poor record keeping of Concept Z (but I am totally without fault for not noting the tracking number on the preprinted mailing label, OR asking for a shipping receipt from UPS Store.) I find it hard to believe that the company that provided me the pre-paid shipping label that also has a tracking number pre-associated with it cant find my core. This company has horrible record keeping and I, on the other hand, am a sterling example of same since I retained a photcopy of the pre-printed shipping label and the receipt from the UPS Store where it was shipped...oh, wait, no I didn't so lets just say I'm here on the internet stomping my feet because I'm mad at my own stupidity as much as at the vendor because they don't wetnurse supposed adults who should be equally responsible when shipping "high value items."

I filed a complaint with the BBB (which is useless as they will just try to shake down the vendor for a payment to get listed as "AAA" and nothing more...), has anyone else been burned by these guys.
My Nissans __________________
1982 280ZX, 1993 300zx TT, 2005 350Z, 2014 Titan PRO-4X.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I think that from now on, when I ship something with a prepaid label I'll scan the label before sending - just to have a record of the info on that label.

Son of a gun - looking at your avatar, I think your car is the same brown & gold color as my '83! Or is yours black & gold....?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
You can call Coz and talk to him...he is the owner....I'v been dealing with them since 2003 and I know most of the people works there.
Just call Coz and he will fix the issue for you.
Jamal

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concept Z called me yesterday. They apologized to me and forcing the 3rd partyConcept Z called me yesterday. They apologized to me and forcing the 3rd party company to look for my core via the tracking number and their shipping number. I will update everyone if I do or don't get reimbursed on my core. My 280zx in the avatar is a 82 that I painted to look like a 80 10th AE. company to look for my core via the tracking number and their shipping number. I will update everyone if I do or don't get reimbursed on my core. My 280zx in the avatar is a 82 that I painted to look like a 80 10th AE.

·
Registered
13 Posts
UPDATE, Concept Z reimbursed me for core. They called the 3rd party company and forced them to track it down. Apparently someone logged it incorrectly or something. After I smeared the vendor's name on several forums called Concept Z apologized to me and became more vigilant in searching for the lost core. Im happy now they could remedy my own stupidity and will now continue to do business with them as I have seen the power of the internet in extorting businesses to cover for the incompetence of their customers basic responsibilities.

Also, to all the guys on this forum that were helpful to me thank you. I appreciate your support and good comments. The other assholes on this forum that called me names and berated me for stomping my feet and whining loudly despite my own incompetence and lack of custodial care, I hope your mothers get AIDS from Charlie Sheens infected jizz .

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear about this. I think that from now on, when I ship something with a prepaid label I'll scan the label before sending - just to have a record of the info on that label.

Son of a gun - looking at your avatar, I think your car is the same brown & gold color as my '83! Or is yours black & gold....?

My 1983 280zx was originally gold but I painted it Black and Gold. I want to make it look like a 10th anniversary model.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
My 1983 280zx was originally gold but I painted it Black and Gold. I want to make it look like a 10th anniversary model.
Looks good but you need to swap to 79-81 Bumpers to match and maybe the tail lights!
I am big fan of the Konig wheels.....poor man watanabe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now it's clear how your problems really started. Post #18 . ConceptZ comes out looking much better now. They'll never do business with you again if they're smart.

Edited out my other comments.
Go on with your life loser. Im good with Concept Z, they fixed the issue and we are good now. Could someone close this thread?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
41,003 Posts
"I'm good with Concept Z" should be the title of this thread...

Go on with your life loser. I'm good with Concept Z, they fixed the issue and we are good now. Could someone close this thread?
Yeah, I'll do that. This was an infantile rant driven by incompetence on the shippers end who ended up extorting the vendor to clear up said incompetence.

Should have never been posted in the first place, but instead of deleting it in it's entirety, since you just want it locked, I'll lock it now since it seems all played out and in retrospect we can review what went on...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.