ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an engine at the bone yard and my books dont enclude the 81 engine and I wondered if some one would tell me what the compression is in the non turbo engine . I found one this really clean but has 175k on it and thought I'ed better check the compression first. thanks Gary Portland

·
Registered
287 Posts
compression isn't a determination

compression isn't a determination on the heath of the engine just the mechanics. Pressure is the deciding factor, and that varies with valve setups and compression ratios. the main thing to look for is that all cylinders are within 10 PSI of each other. I would expect you want atleast 130 PSI...150- 180 PSI is probably ideal....or always higher :) There are people out here who know more...maybe they can elaborate. good luck. Jon

·
Registered
287 Posts
just want to say i re read this and man i am a Dumb Arse....what was i smokin? lol you said compression...i was thinking compression ratio.....so ignore my comment.....pressure is and indication of compression..............man i should really quite sticking my foot up there...lol later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.