ZCar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first car (just a daily) and I immediately wanted to start a project car. The 1981 Datsun 280zx has always been a dream project of mine. I want to do a complete rebuild piece by piece. What engines would fit in the engine bay? I want at least 400hp by the end of this build, however long it takes. I want an engine that can handle heavy power.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Put a V8 in it. There is a kit you can buy from www.theZstore.com
You could also go the RB route and you'll still stay in Datsun Nissan territory.

If you want to do this right, understand the car and drive it as it is for a while, because you might end up not liking it. Get a real feel for it before you make any crazy $$$ decisions.
Then do your engine upgrade. Then after that, do your restore.
What is your end game, your main goal?

Bon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put a V8 in it. There is a kit you can buy from www.theZstore.com
You could also go the RB route and you'll still stay in Datsun Nissan territory.

If you want to do this right, understand the car and drive it as it is for a while, because you might end up not liking it. Get a real feel for it before you make any crazy $$$ decisions.
Then do your engine upgrade. Then after that, do your restore.
What is your end game, your main goal?

Bon
it’s just a shell with a blown engine right now it hasn’t been driven for years and I don’t wanna put just a regular z engine in there Bc I want more power than what it’s capable of handling. I’ve heard it’s difficult to swap a 2jz but if I’m starting with an Empty bay it should be easier right? And I know that the 2jz engine is one of the easiest and Best engines to mod . I’m looking for at minimum 400hp. The zstore is reliable like you’ve ordered stuff? I’m decently new to doing my own work so I’m having a hard time trusting a lot of these parts websites they put out. Second, I have absolutely no clue where to find a front driver side quarter panel or any of the other parts that go along with it. I plan on rebuilding this car piece by piece. (Yes I’m aware it’s not really cost effective and i won’t be able to drive it at all any time soon but it’s a project I want to make Sure is right and something You don’t see everyday)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.