ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished and it fits by 4 mm. I am going to massage the metal a bit in the right places, trim the rest of that braket off, and it will be fine. Nothing around this area effected by the heat. I am very pleased!!! some of you said it couldnt be done...hehehe. I am pulling the motor out tuesday, installing a clutch, and will reassemble it. Moving the oil return is nessessary. I will use anodized AN fitting, and braided line for oil feed, and return. Enjoy the pics....

just need to trim away braket, and make minor adjustments

Now you can see more of the reason it was angled up. Need an air filter, and it fits right thru that area next to the radiator!

downpipe needs to be trimmed back 4 inches, the a 45 degree bend down to the rest of the exhaust.

smooth flow right out of gate, and turbo,.

wastgate dump

WOW, thats tight..

Looks sexy too!! : )

Post Edited (Aug 29, 3:22pm)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: COMPLETED : ) Lotsa pics..

OMFG that is sweet! You will have to post some vids or sound clips!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts

awsome job man. Cant wait to see some dyno results and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

you got my cell number, the second you fire it up I better be on the other end listening to it run ;-)
good work but I have one thing to ask, third picture down, I see a wiring harness right above the turbo piping(around the strut housing) just wondering if it will get fried from the heat.

·
Registered
559 Posts

wow thats rad !

its been cool to see the progress as it has come along.
keep it up!

·
Registered
65 Posts

you yes you are the man wow.but is that wastgate on
right it looks backwords(in the bottom out the side)
not (in the side out bottom) but you rock and dont let
RED flame you ha ha

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Congratulations!! People said it couldn't be done - and here you are!! It looks fantastic installed and I'm sure it functions even better!! PLEASE let us know how it runs when you fire it up, please please. If it all works out you should definitely consider mainsteaming this - it could be a big money maker and many of us would not mind shaking that old restrictive ass intake.

Good luck and Good work!

·
Registered
297 Posts

hybrid is a pioneer...and an inspiration to us all.

cheers, man

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The wastegate is installed correctly, inlet is thru bottom, outlet is on side. Red can flame me all he wants to, but why? Because I actually followed thru, on a crazy idea that most said would,nt work, or fit? He can flame me when he does something like this, and has a reason to!! All due respect there Red. I am going to work on getting this finished by 2 weeks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
MattDaKav is speechless.

·
Registered
107 Posts
that's freaking amazing man.. i'm definitely going to have to steal some ideas for my build :D. couple questions... what size of intercooler did you use? what are you going to do for the piping? i've never seen anything like that sort of design for moving the turbo like that... what gave you the idea to do it? i think i read somewhere that you'll eventually get around to some nice tubular manifolds... that should be pretty cool when you do :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.