ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lemme get this right, if i take my car to the local community college and provide them with the paint and tools they will do all the work for free? If anyone has ever done this tell me how well yor car came out. Thanx

Matt

· Registered
492 Posts
.....'never heard of anything like that...there are "trade/vocational"schools that teach bodywork (and mechanics) that work on cars.....they usually have no trouble finding ones to work on...but you could ask....s

· Registered
58 Posts
i went to a tech college that i did auto mechanics where we did just want u r saying. even thou it was not body work , i feel pretty sure that it will come out pretty good. everyone took pride in what we did at the college that i went to so i feel sure that if they r in the class doing that , that they will take pride in it and the teachers keep a close eye and help if the need help

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Policies vary widely

In my town, most of the students are working on their own cars. If you know an instructor, then maybe they could arrange something. But more often than not you are going to have to "stand in line."

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
I know several people...

who took their cars to Ferris in Michigan to get the paint done. You have to uderstand that these guys are LEARNING to do body nd paint, so you run the risk of a TOTTALY screwed paint job, but for straghtforwqard repaint, the risk is generally orth it.
The big cost of a repaint is the labor, and they usually on;y charge for materials.
I'd go the a big college with a recoginized
Autobody Programme, but that's me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.