ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any common problems associated with the 82-83 TURBO ignition system? There don't seem to be many different parts.

Several guys at the Z club meet said my problem seemed like an ignition problem. It is idling rough. It runs smooth, then kinda drops out. It does the same thing as I depress the gas, but is less noticable. It has also been stalling a bit on the highway lately.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
There may be some common problems.....I too am having problems with an 83 turbo. It idles a little rough, hesitates on acceleration and has also stalled out. Lately while driving to work at about 55-60 mph, it will suddenly feel as though someone shut it off. The tach. drops to zero and the car starts slowing down then it will just as sudden take off again and run fine. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
although distributor problems are rather frequent,i always start at point A.CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS,ESPECIALLY AT ECU.WITH KEY OFF,OF COURSE.the throttle position switch may have something to do idle fluctuation and stalling .check connection there and set up with ohmmeter.jeff m.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.