ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one attempeted to create a cold air intake and if so what did u do about the maf since its in the way and is bolted down?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you cut the baffle out next to the passenger headlight, the stock air box becomes a cold air intake. Or if you want to use a cone filter, you just need to seal that area off, and cut the baffle off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ha, my 88T already has a stock cold air intake- airbox feeds from a screen by the passenger headlight.

but , really the CAI has little or no effect...

·
Registered
662 Posts
^It doesn't on a turbo but it might on an NA.^

·
Registered
639 Posts
And, searching will also yield you more info on this topic!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
"ha, my 88T already has a stock cold air intake- airbox feeds from a screen by the passenger headlight.

but , really the CAI has little or no effect..."

This is stock, but have you actually felt how hot that air gets coming from that little hole near the headlight? the intake actually does use some pretty hot radiator air, but Honestly it doesn't seem to impact my performance at all. I was thinking of making a cold air intake by sealing off the area in between the headlights from the engine compartment, but I don't know if its woudl be worth my time.

However, if I do it, I was thinking of using a metal duct designed something like hybrids sheet metal radiator duct.

Post Edited (Oct 18, 11:15am)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
some guy made a site with how he did it on there (i forgot the adress!) but, what he did was get foam sheeting, sealed off the "box" then took of some piece under the car to get the cold air up in there.. thats all i kno

·
Registered
312 Posts
Iread in time magazine or something about an invention that turns regular air into very cold air...it looks like a megaphone, and once you start it, it starts blowing the colder air...looks like something might be usefull for intakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.