ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
The K&N system MSA sells is great (although there are many here who insist on building their own with PVC or B-vent or Ductape) but it won't do you any good unless you have a way of getting rid of all that new air flow. Sounds great too--get a lot of reverbe on deceleration.

steve 77

· Registered
492 Posts
...no big deal...might help more on an na car but doesnt do much on my 82zxt...i definitely wouldnt buy a kit.....the prices they sell 'em for is criminal...i just got a cone filter cut about 6-8" of pipe,ripped out the old breather,and put the pipe and filter straight in where the old breather assembly went....(i got a k&n "clone" too not a real k&n)...
....i cant tell any diff...
......the same $$ spent on a cheap boost controller (or you can fab one yourself) will serve you much better......
but....
...if your gonna intercool it...your gonna have to get rid of the breather anyway to save space for the i.c., (they look neat)...and they are permanent (kinda).and you'll get rid of a little weight.....
....on my car the filter (just by its self) appears to be snake-oil.....
...you can check this out...(i'm gonna try it on mine)...cautiously....i think it'll work.... s

http://www.flash.net/~joeao/greg/adjwastegate.html
also look @ the pop-off valve mod....be careful ....read the whole article and judge carefully...i havent done this yet but it seems worthwhile......s.

· Registered
201 Posts
I made one for my 78 Z car. Go to www.picturetrails.com/zlady. Look under cold air induction system. Check out the last two pictures. I made the system for less than $50.00.The performance gain was quite noticeable. I also install a big throat throttle body. Performance gains can be fealt around mid range to higher RPMS... However, lower Power gains should be fealt if there is a way to increase back pressure at lower RPM and lower pressure during higher RPM... Here comes my next product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.