ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would just like to know your guys thoughts on that to see if i should put one in my car...i have an 81 n/a..also are they easy to install? cause im rather new at this stuff...thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my opinion the cold air intake system sucks from Motorsport Auto I did'nt notice a change at all in the performance of my 80' NA ZX. If you really want an intake upgrade I would suggest saving your money and making your own.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I made my own..

I made mine out of a stock airbox.. I got an extra from a junkyard and cut out the whole front of it.THen I bent the brackets down so it would be faceing more in were the air would come in.I bought a stock k&n air filter and vwalla.. ram air for 40 bucks..I like it. I just need to paint the airbox another color then blue..lol good luck.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
gotta love the army! (free stuff!)

i made mine out of some black PVC pipe and a big ole K&N from the APU of an apache helicopter. My mount looks kinda ghetto gay though. I really dont know if it works better, since I changed the clutch and differential at the same time, the diff was 354 to 390 so that was probably the biggest change that i feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.