ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's starting to feel like winter here in Saskatchewan and unfortunatly I have to drive my Z this winter. When I let my car warm up all it seems to want to do is blow cold air out of all the vents for 15-20 min after the car has warmed up, after that it will start to blow warm air. What could be the problem? I didn't hook up my A/C after my timeing belt replacement because I never used it at all

Post Edited (Oct 6, 7:53am)

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know what your talking about. There is a bit of a delay I've noticed after the temperature gauge centers itself, for the car to start blowing warm air. But the delay is no where near 15-20 minutes. On a ten minute drive, My car will start blowing warm air 8 minutes into it. My guess is that the thermometer in the engine is closer to the heat source in the engine, while the area where the hot air is derived from is farther away. Therefor it takes longer for that area to heat up. Thats just a guess, but I'm sure someone else will be able to provide a more specific answer. I'm interested to know as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My car used to do the exact same thing. After i did my timing belt I had put another thermostat in my car. Now it warms up twice as fast. Not sure if you can check the thermostats without taking it out, and its not real easy to get to. My guess is that its the thermostat or a clogged heater core hose. LaterZ.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
4narchy wrote:

> K well, here's an update. My car only blows cold air now

the vacuum line to the heater valve is broken. the heater valve is the little metal thing that looks like a fuel pressure regulator, and its located near the EGR stuff at the back of the engine. it has large coolant lines running into it and a small vacuum line. the vacuum line goes to the front of the car and connects to the vacuum tank behind the passenger side headlight and on top the carbon canister. check those lines for crack or breaks and that should fix your problem. if not, go to NAPA and buy a new thermostat, and get one with a higher temperature rating. A 195 degree thermostat should be ideal, its what i use and it works great in my car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would a air bubble in the coolant lines inside the engine or heater core hose cause enough restriction in flow to cause no warm coolant to flow into the heater core causing the loss of warm air?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.