ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm presently thinking about upgrading my stock coil to a Crane PS-91. What type of gains if any are there. I have a 81 non-turbo. Modifications are a K&N Ramcharger, 2.5 exhaust with turbo muffler,NGK-BP6ET's, NGK 8mm wires and 10 degree advance.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I'm presently thinking about upgrading my
> stock coil to a Crane PS-91. What type of
> gains if any are there. I have a 81
> non-turbo. Modifications are a K&N
> Ramcharger, 2.5 exhaust with turbo
> muffler,NGK-BP6ET's, NGK 8mm wires and 10
> degree advance.

Ps-91= BIG $$$.....We have almost the exact same upgrades, however I have headers. I am in the process of upgrading my ignition system as well and I think I am going with the Crane ps-41 coil. It pumps out 40,000 which is enough for my needs. I am also going to get the XR 3000 ignition system...jc whitney sells it for around 115.00. If you get the PS-91 let me know the gains, if its worth it I might get one as well.
Good Luck-Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Wow ....thanks Trevor..you got a url or phone #?

> Summit Racing has one for $44.95

I need their catalogue...can you help me out?
And thanks!!!-Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I'm presently thinking about upgrading my
> stock coil to a Crane PS-91. What type of
> gains if any are there. I have a 81
> non-turbo. Modifications are a K&N
> Ramcharger, 2.5 exhaust with turbo
> muffler,NGK-BP6ET's, NGK 8mm wires and 10
> degree advance.

Got mine mounted up today. (ordered it thursday from summit racing and had it friday!) Too stormy to take it out for a spin (used the couple hours we had with the electricity on to get it put on) But the idle is much better. I turned the choke off immediatly after starting and it didn't die like it would have before when it was this cold. The idle slowed way down without the choke, 400 RPM but it kept running fairly smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.